Judge it, King

by 11:07 PM 0 comments
We watch television. We watch how the media pressures us about looks. We think a lot about how we look in the public eye.

"Would she love me if I dressed up like an idiot?" We ask ourselves sometimes.
"Would he judge me from what I wear?" or 
"Would he stop loving me when he sees me without my makeup?"

Truth is, the world is a judgmental place. You walk around looking fat, people are going to judge you for being fat. (Been there, done that). You walk around wearing pyjamas-looking clothing and people are going to laugh at you.

The fact is everyone is going to laugh at you. But let me ask you one thing - Would you laugh at the one you love? You might laugh at a girl for being a nerd at school - But would you laugh at your girlfriend if she was a nerd at school? You might judge a girl for not taking care of her looks - But would you judge your own mother for not taking care of her looks?

If you do judge someone you love - Then rethink your life. Do you actually love that person? 
One does not judge someone that one loves truly. You do not judge your family, do you?

I came from a broken one. And I still do not judge my family.

...So what makes you think I'd ever judge you, Milady?

*Judge*

Why would I judge,
Even if your makeups' smudge,
There is no need to trudge,
Because I will not budge.

If at looks I look,
I would judge every nook,
But never have I bothered outlook,
Is it by the cover you judge a book?

Nay, I love not for the outside,
But for that heart that is inside,
That heart that's big and wide,
Behind the looks that you try to hide.

I want nothing but your smile,
Whatever that maybe your style,
It bothers me not even for awhile,
Just be here to make me rile.

All your insecurities,
Based on superficials such as these,
I love you not for the pretties,
But for the heart's beauties.

If you see it not,
That your kindness is sought,
That your smile and presence my mind has caught,
Without them I will rot.

For I am not like your previous,
Who's mind is all devious,
Who cannot handle your bareness,
Who only sees you as a chalice.

Nay, never I am,
Nor what I say a sham,
I will never scram,
After years to you I swam.

How more can I emphasize,
I am not as shallow as the other guys,
That I see you not as a prize,
But as one my heart relies.

I speak nothing but true.
Because - Milady Ashe, I love you.

-Valk-

Well, what else can I say?
I could never bring myself the thought of leaving.
I am not shallow.
I am not superficial.
I love you for who you are.
Can't you see how mad I am in love, Lady Ashe?
I found the perfect person for me.
If you wonder of your looks, you're fucking perfect to me.

I have lived my whole life not being judgmental.
Jokingly, yes. But never seriously.
That if you think that I'm ever that low and immature to say physical appearance is everything, well - I'm only hurt if you ever think that way. Because I'm not.

This comes true from inside.
I will say this again.

I love you for everything you are. Not by what you look like. Your presence. Your smile. The way you talk. The way you look at me.

If I sound like I came out of a fairytale - Well, maybe I did. I never believed in fairytale endings. But I sure as hell will give you one.

I. Love. You.

Valk

Writer

Hello. I write poems for Nur Asheila. My future wife. My lover..

0 comments:

Post a Comment